Open Face Chinese Poker is starting to make a big splash in the poker world nowadays,
it's all over twitter how the poker professionals are winning hundreds of thousands
of dollars in one single session. It's a game with massive swings, even more so if
you ever play at the stakes the professionals do (usually $800-$1000 a point).
Even in your local card rooms and casinos the game is starting to show up more and
more (ranging from 10p up to £5-£10 a point) and with more players being exposed
to the game and getting hooked by it, no-one can see this game going anywhere any
HOW TO PLAY OPEN FACE CHINESE POKER IN 10 EASY STEPS…
1. Every player gets dealt five cards which they need to use to start constructing
their back hand (5 cards), middle hand (5 cards) and front hand (3 cards).
2. You can use your initial five cards in any way you wish, for example…
3. Once your five cards are set each player takes it in turns to get dealt an extra card. The player to the left of the dealer gets the first card and must place the card face up before the next player receives a card.
4. You must aim for your back hand to be the strongest of the three. Your middle hand must be the second strongest with your third hand being the weakest.
5. If your front hand is stronger than your middle or back hand or if your middle hand is stronger than your back hand, you have fouled and cannot win the hand.
7. You will score a point for each hand you win or score 6 points for ‘scooping’ (winning all 3 hands).
8. The maximum number of players for Open Face Chinese Poker is 4.
9. Your completed hand will consist of 5 cards in your back hand, 5 cards in your middle hand and 3 cards in your front hand.
10. Your completed hand will look something like….
As you can see your back hand is a flush, your middle hand is two pair and your front hand is one pair. This is generally a pretty strong hand and will often win you all three hands. In reality your hands will be weaker on average.
You will score 1 point for winning each of the 3 hands or you will score 6 points for winning all 3, known as ‘scooping’. You will also get bonus points for the following…